The AmaZinga-Zinga race is a action packed activity requiring teamwork and a healthy level of competition...
This company adventure activity is perfect to promote maximum use of the conference period by initiating a challenge from the outset, incorporating part of a delegates’ journey to a conference destination in an unforgettable, clue-chasing, activity-filled corporate entertainment event.
It is a unique way to build excitement and anticipation for any challenge race or conference.
This adventure is sure to create an unforgettable, shared experience that is high in impact, fun and adventure and to promote creativity while covering all aspects of teambuilding.
In this company adventure activity, teams must find their way to a mystery destination as fast as they can.
This however, is not about speed on the roads, but rather presence of mind, success in challenges along the way and how the team interacts with strange characters who they meet en route.
This teambuilding challenge is made up of activities such as picking up relevant objects and info, deciphering clues to uncover the route, map reading, lateral thinking challenges and completing tasks.
Teams are briefed and set off at staggered intervals. It obviously doesn’t matter where the activity takes place as each route is planned according to client needs.
You can start or end at a venue or this teambuilding challenge can be suited to appropriate geographic locations or points of interest on the route.
They are supplied with a travel pack that could contain such items as a map, pens & paper, a disposable camera and some fictitious currency, “Movers & Shekels”. Spending may save time in some cases with money used as a bribe for a clue, or to speed up an activity.
The teams are in control of everything in the AmaZinga-Zinga race, from directing the vehicle and deciphering the route, to finding the clues and taking part in various challenges along the way.
Each AmaZinga-Zinga challeng race is unique and custom built for each client.
Upon arrival at each destination, teams will obtain a cryptic clue that will enable them to embark on the next leg of the journey, to complete a task and collect an item.
The “Dunce hotline” acts as a phone-a-friend safety net and allows them to access extra clues if they get lost, but by phoning they will forfeit “Shekels” as well as lots of pride.
The AmaZinga-Zinga teambuilding challenge offers so much adaptability, allowing one to customise the experience to communicate any desired message with the knowledge that the delegates are having fun.
To entrench the AmaZinga-Zinga race as a fully integrated aspect of a conference, we can incorporate relevant themes by way of clues or tasks and branding where possible.
Routes for the AmaZinga-Zinga challenge race depend on where a conference or corporate entertainment event is to take place, and from where the various delegates would be leaving from.
The AmaZinga-Zinga company adventure activity can start right at your office door or a common start point at which different branches can meet.
This also is an effective way for a conference or event destination to be kept a surprise until the last minute.
All aspects of this challenge are flexible as the entire program is specifically designed for each individual conference.
AmaZinga-Zinga destinations along the way would range from obscure farm stalls, to places of historical interest. This will be determined in the recce period and would be influenced by area, objectives and budget.
We take pride in including a variety of aspects reflecting South African cultures in our challenge and more importantly the AmaZinga-Zinga race includes every individual in the team as much as possible.
There are so many diverse aspects of the AmaZinga-Zinga company adventure activity that at some point everyone will find themselves in their area of skill in this challenge race.
Having reached the final destination or venue, the teams’ times will be recorded and a facilitator will welcome delegates to the venue. The duration of the AmaZinga-Zinga company adventure activity will depend on client brief.
Teams arrive at the venue and are welcomed with refreshments. In all of these adventure activities and corporate events, points are given, scores are tallied, and delegates are gathered together for the announcement of team times. Not necessarily the fastest team gets the most points, but the smartest could be proclaimed the winning team in the AmaZinga-Zinga challenge race.
"There are no speed limits on the road to excellence. David W. Johnson
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson
The amaZinga-Zinga Challenge Race
- Clues leading to a venue where a connected Sangoma awaits them. Impressing him with your war dance and warrior leads to him throwing the bones and allowing the ancestors to outline the next destination.
- Hobo Road Block: At some point in the adventure, busses may be stopped by an insistent hobo begging for some generosity so that she can pay it back in assistance.
- Teams will arrive at a venue where each member participates in any exercise of skill or daring. Once all team members have successfully completed this task, they will receive directions to the next destination.
- Song titles from music snippets on a cassette tape will fill in the blanks to complete a clue to the next destination. Teambuilding can therefore take place whilst en route in the bus, thus saving time but keeping all delegates entertained and involved throughout.
- Each team is asked to use a camera. Teams chronicle their quest by taking pictures. Best pictures will be selected and e-mailed to delegates as a momento of the AmaZinga-Zinga teambuilding challenge, or photos can be compiled as an album by teams to be presented on the final day, chronicling their experiences.
- Interactive characters give the event a weird and wonderful aspect. Clues may lead to the lonesome pilot - tell him a joke to get the clue.